We are looking for a Knowledge Consultant to join our Knowledge Management team in either Melbourne or Sydney. In this role, you will provide high level research, training and knowledge management services to internal and external clients.
Melbourne or Sydney
Position Description - KM - Knowledge Consultant.doc
About the role
You will be responsive, proactive and able to provide high quality client-focused legal and business research services, current awareness services, training programs and information and knowledge management services to the firm’s staff and clients.
Your day will involve:
- delivering timely, quality and cost effective legal and business research support, with a focus on complex research tasks;
- preparing specialist curated current awareness newsletters and ensuring legal staff are kept up to date with relevant legal and commercial developments;
- developing and delivering legal research training, workshops and other training and information sessions to the firm's lawyers and clients;
- providing an approachable, responsive and practice-focused Knowledge Management point of contact;
- attending and contributing to practice group and knowledge management meetings;
- advancing the development of the Knowledge Management team by contributing to and participating in internal knowledge sharing activities;
- building strong relationships with legal staff, Knowledge Management team members and other support and Shared Services staff to facilitate effective cross-service team work.
You will also participate in projects that seek to improve the delivery of Knowledge Management services to the firm's lawyers and clients.
You will have knowledge of:
- legal and business research principles and techniques
- legal and business research resources
- learning and development principles and techniques
- knowledge, information and publishing technologies
- basic project management principles and techniques
- the legal market and business environment
You will possess these skills and attributes:
- experience in a professional services firm
- commitment to outstanding client service
- outstanding written and oral communications skills
- ability to deliver to deadlines and self-manage and prioritise competing tasks
- excellent technical skills, including a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and legal research techniques
- experience with legal and business research systems
- experience with news aggregation and publishing systems
- ability to be part of, and work effectively in, a geographically dispersed team
- ability to respond positively to change
- ability to provide exceptional information and knowledge management services
- commitment to on-going professional development
- adaptable, agile and innovative
- ability to build strong networks within and outside the firm
You will also have university qualification in Law, Information Management, Knowledge Management, or a related discipline.
Why work with us?
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is a new breed of law firm combining local depth with a global platform. KWM distinguishes itself from other law firms in the way that it fosters market leaders by encouraging diversity of thought, offering a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. We are bold in our aspirations, confident in our execution and passionate about challenging the market to create an innovative shared future, together.
We offer our professional teams the opportunity to work with experts in the global legal market, and empower them to become leaders in their field. Combining our deep local insights and international platform, we deliver market leading advice and expertise. The firm is committed to offering you the ability to work in a more adaptable and flexible way that works for clients, teams and individuals, resulting in a better experience for you and the client.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer flexible working practices to help you meet your work, family and lifestyle commitments, along with exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
KWM acknowledges that there are different ways that an individual can stand out - whether it be through technical brilliance, client impact or leadership. We empower you to be your best self by providing an open and inclusive culture, working with creative, clever and insightful people from across the globe. A career with King & Wood Mallesons provides a platform for growth, reward and challenge.
What sets us apart?
Our dynamic Shared Services teams are an integral part of our business. We span across Finance, Technology, Management, Business Services and Hospitality, Knowledge Management, People & Development and Business Development. Each group excels in their area and works directly with the business and each other to help achieve firm goals. We are professional, innovative and pro-active in offering commercial solutions to our clients. This role is in the Knowledge Management team.
Think this is the career for you?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or Aubrey Burn at email@example.com
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies – please note we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer