We are looking for Senior Associates with a background in general commercial and construction litigation to join our dynamic Dispute Resolution team. We would also be keen to receive applications from Senior Associates with back end insurance expertise and those wishing to work on a part time basis.
Senior Associates <4 years - Dispute Resolution (Construction / Insurance)
Full time or part time
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will primarily perform work on disputes in the NSW Supreme Court and the Federal Court although there are opportunities to work on disputes in other jurisdictions.
The team works with an enviable range of clients. Our clients range across the financial services and energy & resources sectors with some construction clients thrown in for good measure. We work with a range of global and domestic clients with clients including well known investment banks, miners and professional service firms.
About the team
Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team. We regularly work with specialists from other practice groups as well as other centres within the KWM network and we use sophisticated electronic tools to assist us. Our workload is varied and interesting, we act in most of Australia's large and complex commercial and regulatory disputes, investigations and public inquiries. When a judgment is handed down you have a real sense of accomplishment knowing that you were part of the team putting the case together.
You will have
- Recognised construction and / or insurance litigation and disputes experience gained in a similar environment with similar high profile clients and matters.
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice.
- Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play an active role in developing our relationships with clients.
- Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships both within and outside the Sydney centre, and a commitment to coach and develop junior team members.
- Experience managing the allocation of resources, ensuring the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitors skill sets
- Enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities – actively participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks.
- First rate experience drafting documents (including writs, statement of claims, default judgments, defences, witness statements, affidavits, complaints, agreements etc.).
- A commitment to developing innovative solutions and outcomes to resolve disputes.
About King & Wood Mallesons
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world's most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
We couple high performance with intellectual rigour to provide legal solutions that are innovative and often ground breaking. This approach enables us to help our clients adapt to the increasingly challenging markets in which they operate - no matter where they are in the world - and ensures that they have a voice to help them shape the legal and regulatory landscape.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from partners and work in a friendly environment.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Tamsin Calleja at email@example.com
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer.