We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About The Role
Our Melbourne Real Estate team is interested in speaking to Solicitors or Senior Associates with over 4 years’ experience across a broad range of property and real estate. There are three partners in the team (Andrew Erikson, Simone Menz and Emily Andrews), and you would be expected to work with each of them at different times. The team forms part of the broader Projects & Real Estate group at KWM.
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. You will work with a full range of clients including Australian Listed Property Trusts, large developers and smaller private groups who are doing complex and interesting projects.
What experience are we looking for?
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- Enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- First rate experience of drafting transaction documents and legal advice.
Why work with us?
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply" link and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kate King, firstname.lastname@example.org
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.