We are looking for a Resourcing Consultant to join our highly collaborative People & Development team in Melbourne. This role is offered as a full time 12 month contract.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of National Services & Resourcing and working closely with the People & Development Advisors, Coordinators and Centre Managers, you will be responsible for strategic legal recruitment operations for lateral vacancies.
In this role, you will:
- Devise and lead cost effective campaign activity coupled with using ongoing market intelligence and sourcing strategies generally to fill our legal vacancies;
- Attract and review candidates in less tapped markets and potential candidates returning from UK, USA, UAE, South Africa etc. to establish broad market maps;
- Design and implement strategies to approach potential KWM candidates locally and internationally in a respectful and brand-appropriate manner;
- Maintain a database of prospective and current legal professionals;
- Be a national point of contact for marketing-related activity in relation to recruitment, including advertising, communications and dealings with the firm’s PR team;
- Partner and liaise with preferred recruitment agencies to promote KWM roles and attract talent; maintain positive relationships with agencies and ensure service levels are appropriate.
What experience are we looking for?
You will demonstrate:
- Experience in legal recruitment ideally for legally qualified staff gained within an in house sourcing role or you may be transitioning to in house from agency
- Understanding of the nuances of law firms and in particular, the different areas of legal practice and a desire to keep learning about KWM and our strategic objectives and growth areas
- General HR experience
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- High expertise using LinkedIn and other sourcing channels
- Creative thinking coupled with ability to operationalise sourcing solutions that work for KWM
- Demonstrated ability in being a strong brand advocate
Attached is a position description for your reference.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
PD - Resourcing Consultant, Legal.docx
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form by Wednesday 23 January 2019.
For further information on this role, please contact Aubrey Burn on firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek or LinkedIn.
By proceeding to submit your application for a position at KWM, you are confirming you have read our Privacy Statement for Prospective Employees at http://careers.kwm.com/en/privacy-statement-for-prospective-employees and understand its requirements.