We are looking for an experienced Waiter with boardroom experience to join our dynamic Hospitality (Business Services) team to provide catering services including fine dining, setting up of conference rooms for in-house catering and waiter service to function rooms. This role can be largely autonomous however is guided by our Chef.
Waiter - Business Services
12 month contract – full-time
7.00am - 3.00pm Monday to Friday (with a view you will be flexible with these hours)
You will enjoy working as part of a professional team and will have an adaptable and pro-active nature to assist other areas of the Business Services and Catering team when required.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- experience in waiting in a similar environment to boardrooms or restaurants
- outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- good organisational and prioritisation skills and a high attention to detail
- confidence and knowledge in Barista coffee service
- knowledge of computer based booking systems for conference rooms or restaurants
- wine knowledge
- you must have a food handling / workplace hygiene certificate or have the ability to obtain one.
About the role:
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- providing a high standard of food and beverage service, including coffee service and setting up/clearing for functions/meetings in a prompt, professional and friendly manner. This includes breakfasts, morning teas, lunches, afternoon teas, cocktail parties, dinners and VIP functions
- food handling and preparation
- responsible for some food ordering
- working occasional evening functions
- responsible for meeting rooms to be ready for service
- the opening and closing of the client floor, ensuring all is complete for operations
- maintain hygiene and stock of all staff kitchenettes and tea points and ensure they are clean and tidy
- other tasks as requested by the Chef.
In this role you will work to ensure all tasks are conducted correctly, efficiently and professionally, providing a complete Business Services service.
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is a new breed of law firm combining local depth with a global platform. KWM distinguishes itself from other law firms in the way that it fosters market leaders by encouraging diversity of thought, offering a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. We are bold in our aspirations, confident in our execution and passionate about challenging the market to create an innovative shared future, together.
KWM acknowledges that there are different ways that an individual can stand out - whether it be through technical brilliance, client impact or leadership. We empower you to be your best self by providing an open and inclusive culture, working with creative, clever and insightful people from across the globe. A career with King & Wood Mallesons provides a platform for growth, reward and challenge.
What we offer:
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer flexible working practices to help you meet your work, family and lifestyle commitments, along with exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
How to apply:
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Shenae Djulbic, People & Development Advisor on Shenae.firstname.lastname@example.org.