We are looking for a Solicitor with a strong interest in Trade Marks to join our leading Dispute Resolution team.
You will be responsible for varied and challenging legal work in a fast-moving landscape. In this role you will advise and act in matters encompassing all aspects of trade mark law and portfolio management for leading brands including:
- devising search and filing strategies and drafting clearance advices
- trade mark prosecution before IP Australia and IPONZ
- disputes, including filing or defending oppositions and non-use actions, and drafting or responding to letters of demand
- hearings before IP Australia and appeals
- drafting and negotiating related agreements including licences, assignments and coexistence agreements
- the IP aspects of due diligence reports
The team works with an enviable range of clients. Our clients include household names in the fashion, entertainment, telecommunications, utilities, financial services, pharmaceutical, fast moving consumer goods, technology and software markets.
About the team
KWM's IP practice is ranked gold in the WTR's leading trademark professionals rankings. We undertake work on matters at the cutting edge and help to shape the development of the law. Working closely together is vital to the success of our team and the firm. Our workload is varied and interesting, with a focus on advisory and IPA-facing work.
We are looking for a lawyer with 1 to 4 years of experience with exposure to trade mark prosecution work and a passion for the subject matter.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- passion for the subject matter - it’s your career choice demonstrated through your study or proposed study in the trade mark subjects of an LLM
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in actively developing and driving our relationships with our clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks; you will be actively looking for opportunities to grow the practice
- strong project management skills, proactivity and the ability to prioritise your tasks and effectively manage your time
About King & Wood Mallesons
The King & Wood Mallesons network is now one of the top 25 law firms in the world, with circa $1 billion revenue and more than 2,700 lawyers including more than 550 partners across 30 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
We couple high performance with intellectual rigour to provide legal solutions that are innovative and often ground breaking. This approach enables us to help our clients adapt to the increasingly challenging markets in which they operate - no matter where they are in the world - and ensures that they have a voice to help them shape the legal and regulatory landscape.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kelly Adamopoulos, Kelly.email@example.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer