As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2,000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
You will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy to execute against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally by applying market insight, business development, relationship building and brand enhancing skills.
The Business Development Adviser role will provide support for:
- our national Banking & Finance (B&F) practice group
- one of the firm’s core sectors – Financial Institutions (FI); and
- priority client relationships.
As a member of the national Business Development & Marketing team, this role is focused on developing and implementing the firm’s client and sector strategy.
You will dedicate your time to supporting the B&F practice group and FI sector, working closely with Business Development and Client Relationship Managers to drive a broad range of business development and marketing activities.
For further information please see the attached position description.
Position Description - Business Development Adviser (SYD B&F...V2 March 2019.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
We are looking for a passionate and driven person who loves working with BD colleague who share energy and enthusiasm for enhancing the client experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Law or Commerce (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- Expertise, experience and track record in key account management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast paced environment working to tight timetables; works well under pressure
- Ability to support the production of high quality materials
- Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push key agenda items forward and how to build interest or buy-in
- Ability to identify new business opportunities as a result of research and analysis of business trends, market and competitor intelligence to drive growth
- Ability to manage complex issues involving numerous parties and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver effective day to day/operational business development support both directly and via a team.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow. You will also be supported by a unified and collaborative national Business Development team with a strong group focussing on B&F and FI.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Emma Mahoney, Senior Resourcing Consultant at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.