We are looking for an experienced Waiter with boardroom experience to join our dynamic Hospitality (Business Services) team to provide catering services including fine dining, setting up of conference rooms for in-house catering and waiter service to function rooms.
You will enjoy working as part of a professional team and will have an adaptable and pro-active nature to assist other areas of the Business Services and Catering team when required, including providing some relief reception duties.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- confidence and knowledge in Barista coffee service
- wine knowledge
- experience in waiting in a similar environment to boardrooms or restaurants
- outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- creative flair
- good organisational and prioritisation skills and a high attention to detail
- knowledge of computer based booking systems for conference rooms or restaurants
About the role:
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- providing a high standard of food and beverage service , including coffee service and setting up/clearing for functions/meetings in a prompt, professional and friendly manner. This includes breakfasts, morning teas, lunches, afternoon teas, cocktail parties, dinners and VIP functions
- working occasional evening functions
- responsible for meeting rooms to be ready for service
- the opening and closing of the client floor, ensuring all is complete for operations
- cover reception responsibilities if required
- other tasks as requested by the Catering Manager or Supervisor
In this role you will work to ensure all tasks are conducted correctly, efficiently and professionally, providing a complete Business Services service.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
What we offer:
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer flexible working practices to help you meet your work, family and lifestyle commitments, along with exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Carly Reynolds, People & Development on email@example.com
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com or Seek.
By proceeding to submit your application for a position at KWM, you are confirming you have read our Privacy Statement for Prospective Employees at http://careers.kwm.com/en/privacy-statement-for-prospective-employees and understand its requirements.