Practice Assistant, Perth
We are looking for an experienced Practice Assistant to join and support our Projects (Environment & Planning) team in our Perth office.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Practice Assistant to join and support our Projects team in our Perth office.
Your key responsibilities will extend across client service, financial management support, business development and documentation management.
Your day will involve
- pro-active management of emails and diaries including scheduling appointments and dealing with competing priorities
- organising internal and external meetings and coordinating catering, room bookings or video conferences
- managing travel arrangements
- frequent client phone dealings requiring excellent phone manner
- managing and maintaining files (electronic and paper)
- monthly client invoicing
- tracking daily paperwork and documentation
- arranging client functions
- general typing including copy typing, drafting correspondence and document amendments
- other miscellaneous administrative tasks including processing of monthly AMEX
What experience are we looking for?
- a demonstrated track record of building relationships with PAs and EAs of key client representatives and assisting the team with client relationships
- minimum typing speed of 60 words per minute
- advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office programs
- the ability to work well under pressure
- the flexibility to adapt and respond to various urgent demands
- excellent attention to detail and prioritising skills, taking personal responsibility for the quality of the work completed
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Brooke Wrobel by email on email@example.com.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.