Business Development & Bids Executive/Coordinator
We are seeking a dynamic Business Development & Bids Executive/Coordinator to join our dynamic Business Development & Marketing team. This role can be based in either Sydney or Melbourne.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
This role is focused on implementing the firm’s client and sector strategy. You will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy by executing against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally (as required) by applying market insight, business development, relationship building and brand enhancing skills.
In this role, you will be involved with (but not limited to):
- Providing discrete assistance and support on bids and proposals working closely with BD Practice, Sector and Client leads as required
- Preparing high quality documents and materials, including client driven collateral, pitches and tenders, directories submissions, reports and award submissions
- Working with the Bids team to maintain best practice standard text for tender documents
- Working with BD colleagues to develop and execute aspects of client and business development strategies and priorities
- Supporting account leadership teams and client service teams with client management and relationship development activities
For further information, please see the attached position description.
Position Description - Business Development & Marketing - Business Development & Bids Executive - March 2019.doc
You will demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Law, or Arts (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- Commercial aptitude and understanding of economic/market drivers
- Strong writing skills and a flair for language and visual presentation
- Ability and willingness to communicate and win the confidence of management, partners and clients at all levels
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or Renee Wigan at email@example.com.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.