Solicitor 4-6 years – Banking & Finance (Asset & Aviation Finance)
This role will see you work with prestigious and pre-eminent Partners in the asset and aviation finance space. You will be working on sophisticated and complex legal work where you will perform primarily advisory and transactional work advising on the full range of asset and aircraft finance deals. Such work includes the provision of innovative and tax-efficient financing structures for aircraft, vessels/ships, rolling stock, mining equipment and infrastructure assets.
Our Partners are consistently listed in legal publications for their expertise. With deep experience in asset and aviation finance, they are the go-to choice for clients in Australian and cross-border finance transactions. John Canning practices English as well as Australian law and is internationally recognised for his experience in cross border structured finance transactions, particularly in the asset and aviation sectors https://www.kwm.com/en/au/people/john-canning. Dale Rayner has a wide breadth of experience with over 20 years’ experience in Asset and Structured Finance https://www.kwm.com/en/au/people/dale-rayner
Our team works with an enviable range of clients, from banks, leasing companies and major airlines, including cross-border mandates throughout the region.
What’s in it for You?
- The opportunity to work on first class matters
- Partners who are recognised domestically and internationally as industry leaders
- The opportunity to work on domestic and international matters, including complex cross-border mandates
- A cohesive and collegiate work environment
You will have
- a passion for asset and aviation finance
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate drafting skills
- you will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team
- strong academics to complement your application.
The King & Wood Mallesons network is now one of the top 25 law firms in the world, with circa $1 billion revenue and more than 2,700 lawyers including more than 550 partners across 30 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
We couple high performance with intellectual rigour to provide legal solutions that are innovative and often ground breaking. This approach enables us to help our clients adapt to the increasingly challenging markets in which they operate - no matter where they are in the world - and ensures that they have a voice to help them shape the legal and regulatory landscape.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from senior lawyers and partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean, Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com for a confidential discussion.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer.