Solicitor 1-4 years
Projects & Real Estate (Environment, Planning and Resources)
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. Our practice spans high profile transactions and projects in the real estate, infrastructure, energy and resources sectors.
The team works with an enviable range of national and international clients.
About the team
Our team is a busy and growing team which is engaged across a range of projects and transactions - with a focus on high-end technical work. In addition to Queensland real estate project and transaction work, we also act on a range of projects (including renewable energy, infrastructure and resources) across Australia and on high profile disputes. Team members have the opportunity to be involved with great clients, major projects and a variety of matters.
It is very important to us how our team works together. We work hard and have fun, while delivering cost effective solutions to clients.
You will have
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including contracts, deeds, agreements and advices).
- excellent analytical and research skills – to apply changes in law.
- excellent communication skills – to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially focussed advice.
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- recognised experience gained in a similar environment (below) and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
Ideally you would also have experience in some of the following areas:
- State & Federal environment and planning assessments and approval processes and advice.
- Planning and development law.
- Project facilitation options for clients.
- Environment and planning disputes, compensation and land acquisition claims.
About King & Wood Mallesons
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from senior lawyers and partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.