Dispute Resolution (Construction) Solicitor 2 – 4 years
We are looking for a Dispute Resolution Solicitor (2 – 4 year PQE) with a background in construction litigation to join our dynamic Dispute Resolution team in Perth. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a broad scope of domestic and international work, with industry leaders on high profile matters in a friendly and supportive team environment.
You will work part of a team that is responsible for varied, challenging, high profile construction litigation and commercial dispute resolution work which often sets the pace in the market.
The team works with an enviable range of clients throughout Australia and internationally; acting on various disputes relating to oil and gas projects, major commercial and residential developments, rail and port operations, and electricity and gas disputes.
About the team
We are passionate and high-achieving, and we often act in high profile construction litigation and commercial disputes achieving sensible outcomes via alternative dispute resolution methods including adjudication, mediation and arbitration. We also regularly work closely with other teams and practice groups to achieve the best outcomes for our clients. It is a great place to learn and be challenged.
What experience are we looking for?
· Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice.
· First rate experience of drafting documents (including pleadings, submissions, witness statements, affidavits etc).
· Experienced in construction litigation, assisting clients in the negotiation, resolution and settlement of complex disputes.
· Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients.
· Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships.
· Enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks.
· International arbitration experience will be highly regarded but not essential.
Why work with us?
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is a new breed of law firm combining local depth with a global platform. KWM distinguishes itself from other law firms in the way that it fosters market leaders by encouraging diversity of thought, offering a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. We are bold in our aspirations, confident in our execution and passionate about challenging the market to create an innovative shared future, together.
We offer our employees the opportunity to work with global financial and corporate powerhouses and high profile blue-chip companies. Combining our deep local insights and international platform, we deliver a market leading experience and true value to our clients.
KWM acknowledges that there are different ways that an individual can stand out - whether it be through technical brilliance, client impact or leadership. We empower you to be your best self by providing an open and inclusive culture, working with creative, clever and insightful people from across the globe. A career with King & Wood Mallesons provides a platform for growth, reward and challenge.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply" link and completing an online application form.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.