Solicitor 1-3 years Restructuring & Insolvency
About the role:
We are looking for a Solicitor interested in working with our market-leading Restructuring and Insolvency practice based in our Sydney Banking & Finance team.
· be actively involved in complex restructuring and insolvency matters;
· work directly with our clients, supported by a collegiate group of partners and senior lawyers who are genuine specialists in their areas of expertise;
· have opportunities to take initiative and responsibility on matters, and build your career in the law;
· be supported to develop your skills and profile and to build relationships across the restructuring and insolvency market;
· work on cross-border matters as part of a leading international platform in the global legal market; and
· develop specialist skills in restructuring and insolvency, focusing on transactional and advisory work.
The team attracts challenging and complex legal work which has set the pace in many aspects of the market in recent years.
There is a strong emphasis on career development within the team, including mentoring and training from senior lawyers and partners and work. The environment is friendly and supportive. As you would expect, there is a strong training focus for our solicitors as they build their careers at King & Wood Mallesons.
The team's client base is diverse, including secured lenders, borrowers, sponsors and insolvency practitioners. Matters include all types of complex work and insolvency situations, including the acquisition and disposal of distressed debt and assets.
You will have:
· 1-3 years’ experience in restructuring and/or general Banking & Finance work in Australia or a similar jurisdiction overseas;
· excellent analytical, communication and research skills;
· a strong commitment to client service and a desire to focus on "front end" restructuring and insolvency work as you build your career;
· demonstrated the ability to work successfully in a team environment, preferably in a large commercial law firm;
· attention to detail, organisational skills and a strong work ethic; and
· a passion for negotiating, documenting and closing deals.
About King & Wood Mallesons
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world's most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience.
With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
What we offer:
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring and development programs and numerous staff benefits.
How to apply: Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role please contact Kellie McLean on email@example.com or on 02 9296 3543.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer