Solicitor 2-4 years – Intellectual Property (Dispute Resolution)
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will work across a range of IP enforcement matters including copyright and trade mark infringement, misleading or deceptive conduct, passing off, misuse of confidential information and misappropriation of domain names. The Partner this role reports to acts for a large number of high profile Australian and international clients in IP litigation and in relation to IP enforcement and protection in Australia more generally.
The team works with an enviable range of clients across the telecommunications, technology, media & entertainment, and fast-moving consumer goods industries. We have a first-tier large-scale trade mark management portfolio for leading Australian and international companies.
About the team
Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team. We regularly work with specialists from across our intellectual property team and other practice groups and use sophisticated electronic tools to assist us. Our workload is varied and interesting and we act in many of Australia's large and most complex IP cases and disputes. When a judgment is handed down you have a real sense of accomplishment knowing that you were part of the team putting the case together. Our team consistently acts on the cases that shift the law and market in Australia.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships, and a willingness to develop new skills and work with new colleagues.
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- experience in drafting a range of court documents (including pleadings, affidavits, interlocutory applications, settlement agreements, administrative complaints etc)
- ideally, trade mark prosecution and opposition experience
You will have recognised IP litigation experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
About King & Wood Mallesons
The King & Wood Mallesons network is now one of the top 25 law firms in the world, with circa $1 billion revenue and more than 2,700 lawyers including more than 550 partners across 30 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
We couple high performance with intellectual rigour to provide legal solutions that are innovative and often ground breaking. This approach enables us to help our clients adapt to the increasingly challenging markets in which they operate - no matter where they are in the world - and ensures that they have a voice to help them shape the legal and regulatory landscape.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from senior lawyers and partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
How to apply: Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role please contact Kellie McLean on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9296 3543.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer