Solicitor 2-4 years - IT & Technology
Looking for a change? We are looking for a mid-level solicitor with strong general commercial and contract drafting skills join our leading Intellectual Property & Technology team in Brisbane. If you have an interest in IT and technology contracting and are looking for a change, we’d love to hear from you. A background in IT and technology contracting an advantage but not essential.
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will be involved in a range of technology, strategic procurement, IP and general commercial contracts. You will advise clients on a range of technology, IP, privacy, data and consumer issues. You will also work on major projects and M&A transactions providing IT, IP and privacy support. You will assist in respect of government & private procurement for large projects. Additionally, you may assist in corporate deals for technology companies.
The team works with an enviable range of clients acting for leading Australian corporates and government on all aspects of their technology work and also for leading international technology providers and local start-ups. Our team values a willingness to learn, creativity and independence, so that we can best assist clients at the cutting edge.
About the team
Our technology team is recognised as a leading practice in its field. The practice works closely with (and is a sub-team of) the Mergers & Acquisitions practice group to provide specialist input on significant transactions to achieve the best outcome for the client. Our workload is varied and the environment is fun and friendly.
You will have
- an interest in technology and the ability to comfortably communicate with clients who have technology and business roles
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting contractual documents
- experience in IT contracting or strong contract experience in other commercial areas (e.g., projects, construction, joint ventures, telecommunications)
- ideally, knowledge of QITC and government contracting, privacy law and corporate law. You will have recognised drafting skills or general commercial experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
- If you do not have IT experience, a genuine interest and commitment to learning about IT and becoming a leading IT and technology lawyer.
About King & Wood Mallesons
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from senior lawyers and partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans at email@example.com.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.