King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
The Canberra office has a unique culture that is centred on caring for each other and ensuring we provide people with the best development and professional opportunities. You will have an opportunity to participate in networking, social and sporting activities across the office, and support the community via our Community Impact volunteering and pro-bono initiatives.
What sets us apart?
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing. We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer flexible working practices to help you meet your work, family and lifestyle commitments, along with exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
About the role
The purpose of the Business Development & Marketing (BD&M) team is to be the drivers of transformation and navigators of impactful and authentic experiences, connecting ourselves and our clients.
You will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy to execute against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally by applying market insight, business development, relationship building and brand enhancing skills.
The Business Development and Marketing Adviser role will provide support for:
- the Canberra team through the development and execution of client and practice group business development strategies and priorities
- one of the firm’s core sectors; and
- at least one of the firm’s strategic, growth or priority client relationships.
Reporting directly to the Senior Client Relationship Manager - Canberra and working closely with the national BD&M team, including the government sector team, this exceptional opportunity represents a chance to develop and enhance your career in a broad business development and marketing role - where you'll be both challenged and exposed to a number of development opportunities.
Please refer to the attached position description for further information about this role. BD&M Advisor Position Description - May 2019 (Canberra).docx
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- Expertise, experience and track record in practice development and key account management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast paced environment working to tight timetables and work well under pressure
- Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push forward key strategic initiatives and with engagement and influence
- Interest in BD & Marketing and contributing to enhancing the client experience
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a large national, multi-layered team, to work collaboratively and be a ‘team player’
- Ability to communicate effectively with partners and a broad range of business stakeholders
- Ability to win the confidence of clients (internal and external)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to support the production of high quality written communications
- Ability to identify new business opportunities as a result of research and analysis of business trends, market and competitor intelligence to drive growth
- Ability to analyse, problem solve and apply appropriate use of judgment
- Strong understanding of client management databases and software including Salesforce (desirable), as well as advanced software skills notably Office 2010 Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application.
For further information on this role, please contact Vicki Thompson, email@example.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com. LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.