We are seeking an experienced People & Development Advisor to join our dynamic and friendly team in Sydney. This role is offered as a full time or part-time (4 days) permanent opportunity.
About the role:
This role has responsibility for delivering the firm's People & Development initiatives and outcomes in line with the Centre's and the firm's business needs and objectives. The role will be challenging, demanding and thoroughly rewarding for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing the firm’s scheduled people programs (remuneration, performance, promotions) to ensure they are conducted according to firm guidelines, within designated timeframes and with accuracy and efficiency;
- Championing our function and our innovative People strategy and its initiatives within your client groups;
- Advice and interpretation of policies to partners and staff;
- End to end legal recruitment including preparing requisitions, screening applications, coordinating interviews and reference checking;
- Case managing and advising on performance management matters, complaints, EEO issues and escalating as required;
- Support with capacity and resource management for your client groups.
You will be a seasoned practitioner with 7+ years’ experience in a human resources operational client facing role. You will be articulate, confident and demonstrate credibility with passion, influence and enthusiasm. You will have an understanding of the law and legislation affecting human resource management and strong HR skills as they relate to performance management, remuneration reviews and employment conditions in NSW. In addition, experience gained within a professional practice would be desirable.
It is an exciting time to join the People & Development team as we drive our market leading strategy.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Aubrey Burn, People & Development on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please not that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.