We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our well respected Finance team in Sydney. This role is offered on full time permanent basis.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
About the role
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role is responsible for the month-end close and day-to-day running of financial accounting and tax functions including reconciliations and reporting for the Australian Partnership and Service Trust.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly/half-yearly/year-end financial reports for the Australian centres;
- Preparation of all financial statements (including consolidated group financial statements) and assisting with the year-end audit process;
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable accounting standards;
- Key liaison with the external auditors and tax advisors;
- Preparation/review of payroll tax, workers’ compensation returns and group tax returns;
- Supervision and review of the firm’s FBT function including monthly review, FBT year-end reporting & lodgement and will act as the liaison officer for staff salary packaging;
- Review of the monthly BAS preparation to ensure timely submission and accuracy;
- Training and developing junior members of the team.
What experience are we looking for?
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role or first time mover out of audit.
- CA or CPA qualification
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and practice
- Sound knowledge of Australian tax (including GST, FBT and income tax)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Please refer to the position description for further detail.
PD - Senior Financial Accountant.pdf
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Aubrey Burn, People & Development on email@example.com
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek or LinkedIn.
By proceeding to submit your application for a position at KWM, you are confirming you have read our Privacy Statement for Prospective Employees at http://careers.kwm.com/en/privacy-statement-for-prospective-employees and understand its requirements.