Part time (22 hours per week across 5 days) - 12 month contract
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
We are looking for a part-time client-focussed corporate Receptionist to join our dynamic Business Services team. The hours for this role can be worked across two shifts (either 7.30am - 12pm or 2pm - 6.30pm), Monday to Friday. In this role you will be responsible for providing excellent client service and ensuring a smooth and seamless operation of the client reception area whilst also maintaining the professional image of the firm at all times. Key responsibilities include:
- Meet and greet all staff and visitors to the Centre in a courteous, professional and friendly manner
- Provide assistance and information on meeting room bookings, escort clients to meeting rooms and offer refreshments to clients
- Manage all bookings for the client conference rooms, ensure catering & room requirements are confirmed daily
- Communicate clearly and give succinct direction to our visitors and staff regarding their movement throughout the centre and conference floors
- Answer calls to reception, take messages as appropriate and ensure that these messages quickly reach the person for whom they are intended
- Ensure the reception area is prepared and presented to the highest standard
- Liaise with and assist the wait staff to ensure the conference rooms are tidy and ready for the next booking
- Liaise with the Audio Visual and Business Services team to ensure room setup requirements are met
- Take delivery of ‘by hand’ envelope deliveries and inform the appropriate person in a timely manner of its receipt
- Work closely with the Hospitality team to ensure visitor’s needs are managed and met and provide assistance in the café as required
For further information, please see the below position description.
Position Description - Receptionist - May 2018.doc
What experience are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has:
- sound knowledge of reception and front of house operations, including previous experience in the corporate/hospitality arena within professional services
- impeccable grooming and an impressive telephone manner
- excellent prioritisation skills and a high attention to detail and use of initiative
- an adaptable and flexible manner towards hours and duties
- outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and be able to build fantastic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- relevant customer service experience/training
- PC skills including Microsoft applications and experience working with an electronic visitor management system
We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger at email@example.com or Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.