Our Banking and Finance team is seeking interest from Senior Associates with a background in one or all of the following areas: securitisation, derivatives, debt capital markets and hybrids.
You will be responsible for varied, challenging and complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will perform primarily advisory and transactional work on Australian and international transactions.
The team works with an enviable range of clients.
About the team
Our Banking & Finance team advise on a full range of financial products. We bring outstanding teamwork and in-depth knowledge to every transaction and work closely with each other and other colleagues around the firm. Our clients range from major financial and government institutions, investment banks, financial advisors and regulators to industry groups, financiers and corporations. The workload provides great learning and development opportunities.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- team focus - to mentor junior colleagues and ensure the effective utilisation of the group
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - presenting at industry related programs and managing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including deeds and agreements, opinions, advices etc).
You will have recognised experience in structured finance including securitisation and derivatives and other asset backed financing gained in a similar environment.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Emma Hunter email@example.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted