As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
As the Technical Specialist – Microsoft Office you will be the technical owner of the Microsoft Office environment within the firm.
This role is focused on the Microsoft Office component of our operating environment, particularly with Office 365 Pro Plus. Your experience will include deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting on both desktop and Citrix server environments. This will include ensuring that the customisations, add-ins, templates and macros used throughout the firm run smoothly.
You will have a deep technical understanding of the Microsoft Office application suite to allow you to provide strategic advice, assistance and troubleshooting for the firm’s Office environment. You will be responsible for administering the environment to ensure a great experience is delivered to all end users.
Please attached Position Description for further information.
PD - Technical Specialist - Microsoft Office.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Tertiary qualification in technology or related discipline
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Office
- Proven experience with managing Microsoft Office templates and macros
- Proven ability to provide innovative and seamless desktop and client centred solutions in modern environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- .NET / VBA development skills (advantageous)
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure and Office 365 environments (advantageous)
- Experience with document creation / automation technologies (advantageous)
Applications from candidates who have achieved ITILv3 certification will be looked upon favourably.
In addition, you will have demonstrable experience in assessing, selecting and implementing appropriate tools that improve the Microsoft Office experience, as well as a customer focused mindset and proactive approach to delivering solutions.
This role will require the incumbent to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Emma Mahoney, Senior Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.