Help us shape the future. King & Wood Mallesons is changing the future of legal services and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. We are continuing to create an innovation mind set in our people and are a leader in client focused innovation. If you are a client-focused innovation professional who is passionate about working with new cutting edge technologies, this could be the right opportunity for you.
12 month contract
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
About the role
The legal industry is changing and King & Wood Mallesons’ innovation team deliver cutting edge technology, consulting and change programmes. At KWM we see innovation as change that has a positive impact. Innovation is important to KWM to ensure we have the capability in place to continue to help our clients be successful.
You will proactively support the use of new technologies, particularly document automation tools and AI-enabled tools, across the firm. You will be innovating to improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the way we deliver work, improving client satisfaction and retention. You will assist in leading the market in shaping what the law firm of the future looks like, embracing technology to keep ahead of the competition.
The innovation team is looking to find an experienced innovation professional to engage within our firm and clients. The role will give you the opportunity to act as an agent of change for one of the most respected law firms globally and will help to create a modern legal super power.
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Like the sound of working in a small, high performing team in the global elite law firm for the next century
- Enjoy using new technologies, tools and resources to more efficiently and effectively deliver legal services
- Enjoy working as part of a team who is driving change that adds positive value across the firm
- Have experience implementing legal technology solutions and a strong desire to work with new technologies
- You enjoy executing on ideas with impact
- Have experience managing change within organisations
- You enjoy working with technology and applying it to new ways of working
- Have in-depth knowledge of project management and process redesign methodologies
- Are an excellent communicator with first class stakeholder management skills
In this role, you will report to Executive Director, Innovation and work closely with the broader Innovation team.
What experience are we looking for?
You will have experience within respected corporate or professional services organisations and may have worked within a law or legal services firm previously or at least demonstrate an understanding of legal services and the partnership model. You will also have:
- Experience implementing various legal technology solutions, including automation tools (such as RPA, Neota Logic, ContractExpress) and AI-enabled tools (such as Kira, eBrevia, Seal or Luminance)
- A strong desire to work with new technologies, build knowledge and share with stakeholder communities
- Strong skills in implementing change, including putting the necessary resources and supporting systems in place, including ADKAR change management or similar change methodology
- Proven ability in stakeholder management, facilitation, project management and customer experience
- Proven ability and passion about driving transformational cultural change
Please refer to the attached position description for further information.
Position Description - Management - Innovation - Innovation Manager - May 2019.pdf
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Aubrey Burn, People & Development on email@example.com
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com or Seek.
By proceeding to submit your application for a position at KWM, you are confirming you have read our Privacy Statement for Prospective Employees at http://careers.kwm.com/en/privacy-statement-for-prospective-employees and understand its requirements.