We are seeking a high performing Applications Manager to join our Sydney based Technology group on a permanent, full-time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, management and support of the firm’s line of business apps and services.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
Please see the attached position description for further information. Position Description - Applications Manager.pdf
The position has a mix of people management, commercial management, project management and service delivery. You will manage a team of systems engineers and database administrators who support a broad range of apps and services including the firms Customer Relationship, Practice Management and Document Management systems. You will work with your team to deliver new projects and effectively manage and support the systems under your control.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- 5+ years industry experience concentrating on apps support, database management and web technologies.
- Strong IT service management, project management and team leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and supporting business applications including but not limited to;
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions
- Practice Management Systems (PMS) solutions
- Document Management Systems (DMS) solutions
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) solutions
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, SQL Server and IIS / Web technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and to think outside the box
- An ability to manage high volumes of work and prioritise expectations
- Experience with vendor commercial negotiations and case escalations
- Clear and concise communication
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Emma Mahoney, Senior Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.