Solicitor 2-4 years – Taxation (Disputes)
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will work on all types of tax disputes and litigation for an enviable range of clients including multinational and international corporates.
About the team
You will work with Partners who are known in the industry as preeminent practitioners. Along with quality work, you will be mentored and guided in your career to help you achieve your full potential as a lawyer.
We advise some of the world's largest banks, financial institutions, investment advisers, insurance, funds management, telecommunications, resources, energy and industrial companies, on taxation law aspects of their transactions and disputes in Australia and offshore. We work closely with colleagues in other practice groups. As a team, we share new ideas and have a cohesive approach to client needs to develop a detailed knowledge about them.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including opinions, letters of advice, information memorandums, agreements etc).
You will have recognised tax litigation experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
About King & Wood Mallesons
The King & Wood Mallesons network is now one of the top 25 law firms in the world, with circa $1 billion revenue and more than 2,700 lawyers including more than 550 partners across 30 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
We couple high performance with intellectual rigour to provide legal solutions that are innovative and often ground breaking. This approach enables us to help our clients adapt to the increasingly challenging markets in which they operate - no matter where they are in the world - and ensures that they have a voice to help them shape the legal and regulatory landscape.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
You will have great mentoring from senior lawyers and partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean at Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer.