We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our dynamic Technology team in our Melbourne centre.
With a mix of solution design, operational support, system upgrades, service management and project management, you will work in the Platform Operations team to ensure systems are maintained to optimal levels resolving issues quickly with a strong focus on customer service.
You are expected to keep your skills at a high level and maintain a working knowledge of supported applications, while striving to continuously improve existing systems, technology and processes.
You will regularly be involved in large or small projects involving teams of various sizes. Due to the nature of the role, work outside standard office hours will be required at times.
For further information, please see the attached position description.
Position Description - IT - Systems Engingeer - May 2018.docx
What experience are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in providing system administration and application support
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, managing and supporting applications and servers as assigned to you by your manager
- Undertaken problem diagnoses, correction and support of business applications across the organisation in a timely manner
- Manage vendor cases and escalate effectively to reach quick resolution
- Review and release of server operating system patches and application patches, and making recommendations on implementation and testing strategies
- Respond to critical situations to ensure affected services are restored as quickly as possible, and help facilitate post incident reviews to reduce reoccurrences and improve processes
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Infrastructure stack (Server 2012/2016)
To set yourself apart from other candidates, you will also have experience supporting business applications, including:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions
- Practice Management Systems (PMS) solutions
- Document Management Systems (DMS) solutions
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) solutions
We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger at email@example.com or Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.