You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will perform a variety of work, with an emphasis on ACCC enforcement, competition advice and class actions, as well a range of general commercial litigation and regulatory investigations matters.
The team works with an enviable range of clients across a range of sectors including financial services, telecommunications, industrial and consumer, government and other regulated industries.
About the team
This role will report to Peta Stevenson https://www.kwm.com/en/au/people/peta-stevenson . Peta is highly regarded and known industry wide for her depth of experience and expertise, she is consistently ranked in industry publications as a leading litigation lawyer. Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team. We regularly work with specialists from other practice groups as well as other centres within the KWM network including Competition Partners Wayne Leach https://www.kwm.com/en/au/people/wayne-leach , Sharon Henrick https://www.kwm.com/en/au/people/sharon-henrick , Caroline Coops https://www.kwm.com/en/au/people/caroline-coops and Lisa Huett https://www.kwm.com/en/au/people/lisa-huett. Our workload is varied and interesting, we act in many of Australia's large and complex commercial and regulatory disputes, investigations and public inquiries.
You will have
- Recognised litigation and general commercial disputes experience including the drafting of pleadings, lay and expert evidence and briefing of counsel. Class action experience and experience in the use of technology assisted review platforms would be useful.
- Good competition and Australian consumer law skills, including experience in matters dealing with the ACCC.
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice.
- Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play an active role in developing our relationships with clients.
- Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships both within and outside the Sydney centre, and a commitment to coach and develop junior team members.
- Experience managing the allocation of resources, ensuring the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitors skill sets
- Enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities – actively participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks.
- First rate experience drafting documents (including pleadings, witness statements, affidavits etc.).
- A commitment to developing innovative solutions and outcomes to resolve disputes.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.