Business Development Adviser – Dispute Resolution
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive well-being program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
About the role
You will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy to execute against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally by applying market insight, business development, relationship building and brand enhancing skills.
The Business Development Adviser role will provide support for:
- one of the firm’s most active and fastest growing practice groups – Dispute Resolution
- the Intellectual Property sub-group; and
- at least one of the firm’s strategic or growth client relationships and an industry sector.
As a member of the national Business Development & Marketing team, this role is focused on developing and implementing the firm’s client and sector strategy.
For further information please see the attached position description.
Position Description - BDM - BD Adviser Sydney (DR_IP)- September 2019.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
- Passion for enhancing the client experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Law or Commerce (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- Expertise, experience and track record in key account management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast paced, collaborative environment working to tight timetables; works well under pressure and demonstrates resilience
- Ability to support the production of high-quality materials
- Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgement regarding how/when to push key agenda items forward and how to build interest or buy-in
- Ability to identify new business opportunities as a result of research and analysis of business trends, market and competitor intelligence to drive growth
- Ability to manage complex issues involving numerous parties and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role or to request a position description, please contact Emma Mahoney, Senior Resourcing Consultant at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.