We are looking for an experienced assistant/secretary who is seeking a change of scenery and responsibility. This rare opportunity is perfect for someone seeking flexibility who is keen to move away from the traditional duties and expand their remit with some new experience.
Assistant, Group General Counsel & Community Impact
Part time, fixed term contract - 12 months, 2 or 3 days per week
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
Supporting our Group General Counsel & Partnership Secretary and our Head of Pro Bono & Community Impact as part of a job share arrangement, you will be dedicated, proactive and able to provide a range of traditional secretarial and administrative assistance plus coordinator support in a timely and efficient manner. Your time will be divided 80/20, with the bulk of it spent supporting the Pro Bono and Community Impact team. The remainder of your time will be spent in a traditional capacity, supporting our General Counsel with a number of legally related administrative tasks. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited:
- coordinate travel arrangements
- diary management (set up and coordination of meetings eg. sending invites, room bookings etc)
- opening of all pro bono matters
- coordinating some community related events and functions across the Firm
- maintaining the KWMCI Community and Partnerships Register and Risk Register
- assisting with queries from our Strategic Community Partners
- management of the Community Impact budget, including all related reporting
- organising internal and external meetings (coordination of catering, room bookings, video conferences etc)
- assisting with preparation and collation of Board papers
- copy typing and amending Word documents, memos and meeting notes
- ensuring AMEX accounts balance at the end of each month
- act as a centre of information for our General Counsel and Community Impact group
- general administration tasks (filing, printing, scanning and sorting)
What experience are we looking for?
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills - to deliver quality work and service to the team
- First rate project management skills - you will be responsible for coordinating a number of events
- Outstanding editing skills - you will assist with the preparation of complex documents, ensuring compliance with firm style (e.g. deeds, agreements, memorandums of advice etc)
- Excellent computer literacy and document management skills - you will audio/copy type and store documents electronically
- Diplomacy to deal with confidential matters - you will know about sensitive high profile deals before they have been made public.
You will have recognised legal secretarial experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team. Your knowledge of document and practice management systems (e.g. iManage/Desk Site and Elite) will provide you with a solid start.
We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger at email@example.com or Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.