As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
The Canberra office has a unique culture that is centred on caring for each other and ensuring we provide people with the best development and professional opportunities. You will have an opportunity to participate in networking, social and sporting activities across the office, and support the community via our Community Impact volunteering and pro-bono initiatives.
About the role
The role will encompass Business Development, Marketing and Bid Management. You will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy to execute against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally by applying market insight, business development, relationship building and brand enhancing skills.
The Business Development & Marketing Adviser role will provide support for:
- the Canberra team through the development and execution of client and practice group business development strategies and priorities
- one of the firm’s core sectors; and
- at least one of the firm’s key client relationships.
Reporting directly to the Senior Client Relationship Manager - Canberra and working closely with the national BD&M team, including the government sector team, this exceptional opportunity represents a chance to develop and enhance your career in a broad business development and marketing role - where you'll be both challenged and exposed to a number of development opportunities.
A detailed position description can be provided upon request.
What experience are we looking for?
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- Expertise, experience and track record in practice development, proposal writing and key account management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast-paced environment working to tight timetables and work well under pressure
- Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push forward key strategic initiatives and with engagement and influence
- Interest in BD & Marketing and contributing to enhancing the client experience
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a large national, multi-layered team, to work collaboratively and be a ‘team player’
- Ability to communicate effectively with partners and a broad range of business stakeholders
- Ability to win the confidence of clients (internal and external)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to draft and support the production of high quality written communications
- Ability to identify new business opportunities as a result of research and analysis of business trends, market and competitor intelligence to drive growth
- Ability to analyse, problem solve and apply appropriate use of judgment
- Strong understanding of client management databases and software including Salesforce (desirable), as well as advanced software skills notably Office 2010 Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.