About the role
Our Perth Employment team are currently recruiting a Senior Solicitor or SA to work closely with Philip Willox and the broader team. This role will see you responsible for varied challenging legal work.
Our lawyers recognise that each client has different needs and work in partnership with our clients to achieve commercial outcomes. It is this flexibility, together with a deep knowledge of our client’s businesses that differentiates King & Wood Mallesons in the employment and safety marketplace. Teamwork is important - we work closely as a team and with other practice groups, including interstate. It is a great place to learn and be challenged.
You will have:
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice;
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients;
- team focus - to mentor junior colleagues and ensure the effective utilisation of the team;
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - building and managing strategic relationships and networks; and
- strong drafting skills.
You will have recognised employee relations experience (across some or all areas of employment, industrial relations and safety) gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed and dynamic team.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work and we have team based discussions on adaptable ways to work.
Growth conversations and feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie Mclean, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.