About the role
Our Melbourne Banking & Finance team are currently recruiting a Solicitor and Senior Associate to join the team working closely Anne-Marie Neagle and Ian Paterson across securitisation, structured finance, derivatives, debt capital markets and hybrids.
You will be responsible for varied, challenging and complex legal work, which often sets the pace in the market. Our team advise on a full range of structured finance and financial markets transactions. We bring outstanding teamwork and in-depth knowledge to every transaction and work closely with each other and other colleagues around the firm. Our clients range from major financial and government institutions, investment banks, financial advisors and regulators to industry groups, financiers and corporations.
KWM supports flexible work arrangements and we are excited to hear from candidates wanting to work either part or full-time.
You will have a sound grounding in general banking & finance, along with a strong interest in securitisation, structured finance, derivatives, debt capital markets, and hybrids, or direct experience in one or more of those practices.
You will also have:
- excellent analytical, communication and technical legal skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice;
- a strong commitment to client service and an interest in developing client relationships;
- commercial curiosity, and a drive to keep up to date with sector issues and developments to enhance personal performance and client delivery;
- a willingness to develop strong relationships with team members to facilitate effective team work;
- enthusiasm to keep abreast of practice group issues and contribute to the development of the group;
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities and to participate in internal / external development programs to facilitate personal development; and
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including transaction documents, public disclosure documents, advices, etc).
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work, we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.