Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
Our Technology Projects team thrives on change, challenging the status quo, creating business value, and having fun while we do it! We love Tech, we love experimenting with new stuff and we enjoy doing that as a team.
The core of this role is adding clarity where there is uncertainty. You will be comfortable asking hard or complex questions and working in areas that may not be technically familiar. The team’s aim is delivery, and you will be comfortable rolling up your sleeves with us to get things done.
Your day will often be spent talking to people from across the business about their current challenges and coming up with creative solutions. For larger work this will mean writing business requirements that we can use to shape and deliver projects.
You are a clear communicator speaking both Tech and business. In law written communication is as important as verbal. You are a master writer, comfortable articulating complicated requirements in plain language. Having an eye for design is a big plus, we love beautiful collateral.
What experience are we looking for?
- Ideally, 3 years’ experience in either the Legal industry or professional services
- 3 years’ experience in roles with similar scope and responsibilities
- Awareness of Portfolio and Project processes such as reporting, planning, financial management, risk, and issue management
- Previous exposure to project lifecycles and methodologies
- Advanced project management / task management platform skills e.g. ServiceNow or Planner
- Attention to detail, a thirst for knowledge and avid curiosity
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage and build professional relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage priorities and time in accordance to schedules
- Ideally, Business Analyst qualifications, BABOK or similar
- Unified Modelling Language (UML) experience
Why work with us?
We are the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. We are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.