● An exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Relationship Manager to hit the ground running in support of our market-leading Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate team and Technology, Media, Entertainment and Telecommunications (TMET) sector teams.
● Seeking motivated professionals who are interested in joining a client centric high-performing BD & Marketing team and playing a critical role in delivering on our strategies.
● Flexibility for Part Time - 4 days per week if preferred plus an immediate start!
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
You will be part of the Business Development & Marketing (BD&M) function that supports the firm to develop strong and enduring relationships with our clients, understand and identify opportunities in our core markets, win new business, create memorable client experiences and build a positive reputation as a market leader. You will be given exposure and experience that will be hard to find anywhere else.
Reporting to the Senior Client Relationship Manager for M&A, a key focus of this role is on leveraging M&A / Corporate capability to achieve revenue growth, strengthen client relationships and driving BD effort through practice, sector and client teams. The successful candidate will possess commercial acumen and a passion for converting market insights into real business opportunities.
The role presents a great opportunity to build strategic networks, across key areas of practice and industry, by working closely with cross-functional lead Partners, lawyers and the national BD&M team.
Based in Melbourne, this is an exciting time to join the largest practice group of the firm. Harnessing our principles of quality, trust and dynamism, this role will see you add value through key responsibilities such as:
● Contributing to the development and execution of the Mergers & Acquisitions/ Corporate practice strategic plan, including leading the implementation of the Public M&A and ECM strategy, in collaboration with key partners across the business, tapping into the firm’s sector and client strategies to unlock growth
● On key client accounts, developing and executing the relationship plan which aligns with the firm’s sector and client strategy to broaden and deepen relationships, with the ultimate aim of maintaining or growing revenue, collaborating with key partners across the firm
● Leading specific marketing campaigns and initiatives with a focus on the TMET sector and Digital Economy practice - develop client driven, innovative thought leadership in conjunction with the Clients and Sectors, Marketing Communications and Corporate Affairs teams
● Converting your understanding of the Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate practice and TMET sector into tailored, value-adding BD support
● Identifying opportunities across sector growth areas, clients and geographies and support formation of multidisciplinary groups of lawyers to pursue work (being the ‘centre of information’)
● Qualifying and developing high-quality materials (RFPs, pitches, and client reporting)
● Designing and delivering client and market engagement strategies for events, sponsorships and industry partnerships focused on delivering memorable experiences for our clients that differentiate the KWM brand in the market
● Coaching partners and lawyers to enhance their BD skills
● Effectively project managing all aspects of the client relationship including collaborating on thought leadership, client feedback to improve customer satisfaction and budget management
● Supporting the continual improvement of the firm’s BD skills and capabilities (BD team and lawyers), through sharing best practice examples
● Fostering and encouraging learning and development opportunities for continued growth personally, direct reports and the wider team.
Who are we looking for?
This is a hands-on role needing a natural collaborator with exceptional stakeholder and project management skills, and an ability to influence and engage across all levels. As a team player, you understand the need to assist the wider team and will bring a confidence, from experience, to be able to work autonomously with partners and key stakeholders.
You will also bring:
● CRM experience with a demonstrated track record of success in business development, key account management and team management, within a corporate, professional services or related environment (5+ years), underpinned by tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business or Commerce
● Energy and ability to juggle numerous high visibility projects in a fast-paced environment working to tight timetables
● Strong EQ and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push key agenda items forward and how to build interest or buy-in and influence cultural change
An ability to:
● Develop mutually beneficial relationships with external and internal clients built on trust and respect
● Identify new business opportunities as a result of research and analysis of business trends, market, client and competitor intelligence
● Develop and implement revenue enhancing, business and marketing strategies
● Deliver effective day to day/operational business development support.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Reviewing applications as they come in - Dont miss out!
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.