Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
About the role
Based in KWM’s Sydney (located in the prominent One Farrer precinct), this role will be based on our client floor and have oversight of our conference rooms, functions, boardroom events, our internal cafe and terrace. As a member of our professional Hospitality team, a welcoming and polished approach with a focus on excellent customer service will set you up for success.
Your day to day will include silver service, espresso coffee orders, attending to conference rooms, both a la carte and event-style wait service, liaising with our catering team and assisting the back of house team where required. Above all, you and your team will be striving to create an exceptional KWM experience at all time under the leadership of the Guest Services Manager.
This role is offered on a casual basis, with shifts rostered during the day and the evening. Some flexibility with shifts will be required.
Key duties will include:
- Provide a high-level food and beverage service during the daily operations of the firm’s client floor
- Set up and pack down of meeting rooms, ensuring they are ready for service prior to conferences or events, including: VIP board room lunches, breakfasts, morning or afternoon teas, lunches, cocktail parties and dinners
- Maintenance of staff kitchenettes and tea points
- Overflow assistance to internal café staff
- Some assistance to back of house including sandwich preparation, washing up or restocking
- Reception relief
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by the Guest Services Manager or Head Chef
What experience are we looking for?
- At least 1 year of experience in food and beverage service in a restaurant, hotel, events or corporate environment – candidates without experience but with the appropriate hospitality accreditations will also be considered
- Excellent client service skills, demonstrating professionalism and courtesy and all times
- General food and wine knowledge, as well as knowledge of silver service
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certification
- Exposure to a similar environment (boardrooms, conference floor or professional/client services) highly regarded
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office software
- Flexible in working hours
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as a collaborative team member
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.