We are seeking a high performing solicitor with fluent English and Mandarin language skills along with experience in international arbitration and commercial litigation to join our leading Dispute Resolution team.
In this role you will perform advisory and dispute work in the areas of international arbitration, cross border litigation, international trade law and risk mitigation. You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market, including in areas such as climate change litigation, modern slavery, and private international law.
The team works with an enviable range of clients on work including major corporate, commercial and government-related disputes in the retail, e-commerce, private equity, telecommunications, banking, construction, oil and gas, energy and resources sectors.
About the team
Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team. We regularly work with specialists from other practice groups and other offices across Australia and the globe. In this role, you will work closely with Edwina Kwan, a Partner in our Sydney office who specialises in regional Asian related cross-border disputes.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting (witness statements, affidavits, statements of claim etc)
- fluency in English and Mandarin languages is essential.
You will have recognised international arbitration and cross border litigation experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
Who are we?
We are a top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we develop our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive. Our Principles are:
Why work with us?
Behind every mandate we work on are our clients and our people. Understanding our client’s and our people’s ambitions and their lived experiences matters to us, so we can create a workplace where our people are proud to work and grow. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. We have made a commitment to offer a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Connecting with our people is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow and see their ambitions realised.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.