We are seeking a Senior Associate(0-5 years) with expertise in back-end insolvency and commercial litigation to join our leading Dispute Resolution team.
Our Insolvency Litigation team holds a Band One ranking by Chambers Asia Pacific 2022. We are responsible for market leading litigious work in all areas of insolvency, asset recovery and commercial litigation.
We work alongside an enviable range of clients on Australia’s most challenging and significant insolvency litigation matters.
About the team
In this role you will work closely with Natalie Tatasciore who specialises in Dispute Resolution advising on some of Australia’s most high profile litigation matters including major insolvency and tax related litigation for clients including leading banks and accounting firms.
Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team and we regularly work with specialists from other practice groups. Our work is varied, interesting and often high profile. We act in most of Australia's largest and complex corporate and commercial disputes.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- the ability to think outside the box, be solutions focused and a lateral thinker
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
You will enjoy working as part of a close, collaborative and committed team.
Who are we?
We are a top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we develop our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive. Our Principles are:
Why work with us?
Behind every mandate we work on are our clients and our people. Understanding our client’s and our people’s ambitions and their lived experiences matters to us, so we can create a workplace where our people are proud to work and grow. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. We have made a commitment to offer a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Connecting with our people is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow and see their ambitions realised.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.