● Receive guidance and mentorship from a Senior Client Relationship Manager
● Support and implement the marketing activities and the business development strategies within a top tier law firm
● Why us? Law Firm of the Year award winner 2023 and 2022 at the Australasian Law Awards - You will be joining the best!
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years. With 30 offices, we have over 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned on the ground in the world's growth markets and financial centres.
Why work with us?
We promote a culture based on respect, trust, inclusivity, diversity, flexibility, mastery and growth. We seek to create a workplace where our people are proud to work and where their ambitions can be realised. Connection with our people is a priority, we offer targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, with regular feedback and coaching.
Melbourne CBD based, you will be part of the Business Development & Marketing (BD&M) function, a national team of 60+, that supports the firm to develop strong and enduring relationships with our clients, understand and identify opportunities in our core markets, win new business, create memorable client experiences and build a positive reputation as a market leader.
Reporting to a Senior Client Relationship Manager, who will mentor and encourage you, the core and immediate focus of this role is to support and implement the business development (BD) strategies and marketing activities of the Financial Services (FS) sector and Banking & Finance (B&F) practice group, working closely with the Client Relationship Managers and Advisors for those groups.
This is a fast paced environment where you will be given exposure and experience that will be hard to find anywhere else.
This role will see you add value to the firm through:
● Preparing high quality documents and materials, including client driven collateral, tenders and proposals, capability statements, directories and awards submissions, as well as supporting key events and conferences
● Supporting with account management and relationship development activities including account planning, opportunity identification, relationship mapping, reporting, maintaining client data and research.
● Working with BD colleagues to develop and execute the client and business development strategies and priorities for the Banking & Finance (B&F) practice group. Supporting the BD team to implement plans and initiatives across sectors and geographic markets
● Supporting client service teams with account management and relationship development activities e.g account plans, relationship mapping, identifying client issues and drivers, maintaining CRM and other client data, client reporting and client / market research.
● Working with the BD team to coordinate successful client engagement, sponsorships, industry partnerships and conferences.
Who are we looking for?
This is a hands-on role needing a natural collaborator with strong stakeholder and project management skills, and an ability to engage across all levels. As a team player, you understand the need to assist the wider team across all areas and will bring a confidence to work with a degree of autonomy with key stakeholders.
You will also bring:
● Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business or Commerce as well as some experience in a business development or professional services role
● Ability to develop enduring and trusted relationships with internal and external clients
● Energy and ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to think analytically and conduct research on business trends, market, client and competitor intelligence
● Experience to support the implementation of revenue enhancing, business and marketing strategies
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications close COB Tuesday 13th June 2023.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.