About the role
Our Perth employment, industrial relations and safety team are currently recruiting a Solicitor to work closely with Philip Willox and Nicholas Beech. Our team recognise that each client has different needs and work in partnership with our clients to achieve commercial outcomes. It is this flexibility, together with a deep knowledge of our clients’ business that differentiates King & Wood Mallesons. Teamwork is important - we work closely as a team and with other practice groups. It is a great place to learn and be challenged.
The team assist companies manage the range of issues that arise following HSE incidents and have advised on numerous incidents involving fatalities, personal injury, and harm to the environment. They advise on various health and safety matters, including compliance, risk, due diligence, fitness for work, bullying, training, and insurance. The team sits within the Perth Dispute Resolution team and the national Employee Relations and Safety team. Accordingly, they also advise on workplace relations and employment issues, and related regulatory compliance issues and disputes.
We are looking for a solicitor with a background in safety and regulatory investigations and advice to join our dynamic team. You will have recognised safety law experience and enjoy working as part of a committed team. Experience in employment and industrial relations, regulatory compliance matters and general litigation is also helpful.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- delivering timely, commercially focussed and cost-effective advice to clients on a diverse range of complex workplace issues;
- advising on safety compliance;
- responding to and advising on fatalities and other workplace incidents and regulatory investigations;
- acting in prosecutions, coronials, inquiries, and civil litigation arising from workplace incidents;
- advising strategically and assisting transactionally in relation to the safety and employment issues in sales of business and a range of corporate reorganizations, reconstructions and transactions;
- innovation in safety compliance products;
- advising on Fair Work Act compliance, employment related disputes, industrial bargaining and disputation;
- negotiating, drafting and interpreting a range of employment agreements, independent contractor agreements and industrial instruments;
- providing advice to clients in relation to potential and actual disputes and ensuring the litigation process meets the client's strategic objectives;
- facilitating the litigation process, including the preparation of witness statements, briefs and court documents and general management of the interlocutory process;
- instructing and appearing in the State and Federal Courts and Tribunals.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.