Tech/IP Solicitor – 4-6 PQE
About The Role
Our Sydney Tech / IP team are currently recruiting a Senior Lawyer (4-6 PQE) with a background and proven experience in technology and outsourcing work, including technology related M&A transactions as well as stand-alone projects.
Working closely with Nicole Heller, Bryony Evans, Patrick Gunning, and Scott Bouvier this role will see you work on a range of transactions and projects relating to technology, digital innovation, data and general commercial contracting. We have a broad practice that covers a diverse range of sectors, with a focus on developing strong relationships with our clients and deep knowledge of their businesses.
Our team is highly regarded and known industry wide for its depth of experience and expertise. Our Partners have worked together for a number of years and work closely with members of our team to develop skills and grow strong client relationships at all levels.
By joining the Tech/IP team, you join our wider Mergers and Acquisitions practice group, giving you the opportunity to collaborate with industry leaders and specialists within their fields.
As a senior member of the team you will have a high level of responsibility, including running your own matters, a high level of client contact and mentoring junior lawyers in the group. This role will give you the chance to progress your career to the highest levels within a top-tier firm.
What experience are we looking for?
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and to go beyond the day to day legal work to show a keen and active interest in the industry and business context impacting our clients.
We are looking for someone with the following key experience:
· first rate experience of drafting agreements across a range of technology, outsourcing and commercial arrangements.
· excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
· strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
· team focus – proven experience in mentoring and managing junior team members and to take a lead role in helping to manage the workload and development of skills of junior team members
· enthusiasm and commitment to be involved in activities to develop relationships with clients and create thought leadership opportunities (including presenting to clients and industry groups, managing strategic relationships and networks, helping to develop relationships with strategic growth clients)
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
· Market leading work for premium clients
· Formal and informal flexible working
· Support for working parents including emergency childcare
· Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
· Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
· Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
· Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.