With Australian infrastructure facing unprecedented demand, significant investment and development is required to remove impediments to future economic growth. The construction practice at KWM is both a thought leader and trusted legal adviser to public and private players in planning and delivering large-scale and critical infrastructure, energy and resources projects.
Our focus is on offering commercial, innovative, end-to-end solutions to help clients successfully deliver their projects.
The construction practice at KWM also provides dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration services in respect of these projects. With a complement of experienced dispute resolution professionals, we currently are managing disputes in all Australian States as well as international arbitrations in Asia.
The team works with an enviable range of market leading participants in the construction resources and infrastructure sectors including, government and private owners, sponsors, financiers and contractors.
About the team
Our team has extensive experience in the oil and gas, energy and resources, infrastructure, real estate and telecommunications sectors, both within Australia and internationally. Scott and Shannon are market leaders in the field, we provide a full range of specialist construction legal services to help bring projects to life.
Our team assists on complex legal, financial and commercial issues which may arise during the development and delivery of major resources and infrastructure projects, from acquisition, financing, project structuring and risk management, procurement, project implementation and contract administration through to dispute resolution.
It is very important to us how our team works together. We work hard and have fun, while delivering cost effective solutions to clients.
You will have
- at least two years’ experience in either front-end or back-end construction, gained in a similar environment;
- excellent analytical and communication skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice;
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients;
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships;
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks; and
- first rate experience of drafting documents.
About King & Wood Mallesons
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing. You will have great mentoring from senior lawyers and partners and work in a friendly environment.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form. For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans at email@example.com.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.