As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
Supporting the Head of Communications – Global, and working closely with the Global Leadership team, the Communications Manager – Global will develop the global firm’s internal and external communications strategy and lead the tactical implementation of communications workstreams across multiple channels. You will be responsible for, amongst other things:
- drafting media releases, opinion pieces and articles; drafting of speeches and talking points for external speaking engagements; developing content for thought leadership campaigns.
- proactively pitching to business and legal media and responding to media enquiries.
- drafting internal business updates; developing an internal story calendar and content pipeline; and proactive management of internal communication channels.
- engaging with key stakeholders across the global business to help identify news and stories to communicate into the firm or out to an external audience.
- supporting the firm’s global awards programme through drafting and contributing information to submissions.
Please refer to the attached position description for full information on this role.
PD - Communications Manager - Global (Dec 2019).pdf
What experience are we looking for?
- 4-5 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent business writing skills with proven experience writing for different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to execute communication campaigns
- Proven network of relationships with journalists
- Ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Project management and time management skills
- Cultural intelligence and experience working across regions
- Capacity to multi-task and possess a flexible, proactive attitude
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role or to request a position description, please contact Emma Mahoney, Senior Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.