As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
The ALT Specialist provides technology and information management consulting services to the firm’s lawyers and their clients so that the firm uses best practices and leading edge technology to assist in the management of document intensive and complex matters.
This role provides specialist legal technology expertise in managing projects and delivering advice to the clients. In addition, the Specialist/Manager will supervise team members as required and build technical understanding of others. This is a managerial role which will require technical leadership, managing the performance and coaching of project teams, managing the allocation of resources and assisting with the supervision of the team.
Under the direction of the ALT Director, this specialised position is responsible for managing projects and the provision and promotion of the effective use of the various technology services delivered by the group.
- Advise legal teams and clients on the effective and efficient use of technology-based information management services in litigation and corporate matters
- Prepare strategies, project plans and budgets to manage eDiscovery and eTrial aspects of matters
- Project manage workflows and providing best practice legal technology services ensuring that work is completed efficiently, accurately and within required timeframes
- Successfully manage deliverables and deadlines both independently and within a team environment
- Share learning and knowledge gained through experience and attending external conferences
- Manage and exceed the expectations of clients and colleagues, providing solutions to the group.
- Attend and contribute to ALT team meetings, practice group meetings and educational session.
What experience are we looking for?
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Emma Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the Firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.