Work on site with one of our clients
Opportunity to utilise your legal skills while working in a non-traditional legal role
About the role:
This role will offer a unique opportunity to work from the offices of our client, a large government agency, and supervise a busy paralegal pool as part of your responsibilities. You will also have the opportunity to work within our offices (on a rotating schedule) on a range of disputes. Your role will be broad and interesting and will include, but is not limited to:
- Conducting reviews of confidential files
- Preparation of summaries
- Analysis and reporting
- Second tier review of work
- Escalation of files/issues to Partner
- Supervising and supporting team of more than 20 paralegals
- Liaising with stakeholders on an array of administrative matters
About the team
This role comes under the ambit of the IP team and reports into a Partner who acts for a large number of high profile Australian and international clients in IP litigation and IP enforcement and protection in Australia.
Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team. We regularly work with specialists from across our intellectual property team and other practice groups and use sophisticated electronic tools to assist us. Our workload is varied and interesting and we act in many of Australia's largest and most complex IP cases and disputes. When a judgment is handed down you have a real sense of accomplishment knowing that you were part of the team putting the case together. Our team consistently acts on the cases that make Australian law. We also act on commercial transactions and IP advisory matters.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships, and a willingness to develop new skills and work with new colleagues
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- experience in drafting a range of court documents (including pleadings, affidavits, interlocutory applications, settlement agreements, administrative complaints etc)
- strong attention to detail and the ability to identify issues quickly which need to be resolved
- good people skills, you will be adept at supervising others and enjoy this as part of your role
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
· Market leading work for premium clients
· Flexible and agile working
· Support for working parents including emergency childcare
· Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
· Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
· Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency. Applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion.