Knowledge & Research Consultant
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
You will be responsive, proactive and able to provide high quality client-focused legal and business research services, current awareness services, training programs and information and knowledge management services to the firm’s staff and clients.
Your day will involve:
- delivering timely, quality and cost effective legal and business research support, with a focus on complex research tasks
- preparing specialist curated current awareness newsletters and ensuring legal staff are kept up to date with relevant legal and commercial developments
- developing and delivering legal research training, workshops and other training and information sessions to the firm's lawyers and clients;
- providing an approachable, responsive and practice-focused Knowledge Management point of contact
- attending and contributing to practice group and knowledge management meetings
- advancing the development of the Knowledge Management team by contributing to and participating in internal knowledge sharing activities
- building strong relationships with legal staff, Knowledge Management team members and other support and Shared Services staff to facilitate effective cross-service team work
You will also participate in projects that seek to improve the delivery of Knowledge Management services to the firm's lawyers and clients.
For further information, please see the attached position description.
40517686(1)_Position Description - Knowledge Management - Knowledge Consultant - Sydney, October 2019.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
In this role you will demonstrate:
- a commitment to outstanding client service
- have outstanding written and oral communication skills
- an ability to deliver to deadlines and self-manage and prioritise competing tasks
- excellent technical skills, including a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and legal research techniques
- an ability to provide exceptional information and knowledge management services
You will also have knowledge of and experience with:
- legal and business research principles, techniques, resources and systems
- learning and development principles and techniques
- knowledge, information, news aggregation and publishing technologies
- basic project management principles and techniques
- the legal market and business environment
You will also have university qualification in Law, along with Information Management, Knowledge Management, or a related discipline.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Aubrey Burn at Aubrey.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.