An excellent and exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Credit Team Lead to join our leading Finance team in Melbourne.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
The Credit team are responsible for the collection of the firm debts, maximising cash flow and reducing the firm's exposure to bad debt. Our Credit team are also responsible for maintaining and managing the administrative portion of the client relationship, supporting fee earners and Partners to deliver exceptional customer service.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of credit administrators and receipts clerks, as well as collecting for your own ledger of clients, operational reporting and complex reconciliations. You will be expected to demonstrate leadership, outstanding client experience and an aptitude for analysis and reporting.
For further information about this role, please see the attached position description below.
Position Description - Finance - Credit Team Lead - Melbourne - October 2019.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
You will have:
- Extensive experience working in a credit department, practicing best practice and professional customer service
- Knowledge of financial accounting terms and concepts as well as experience using matter accounting/practice management systems and a proven ability to adapt to new systems
- Proven experience managing, leading and development a team
- Ability to meet deadlines, including ensuring payment of accounts within agreed terms for both your ledgers and that of the team, working closely with the team and relevant Partners where delays in payments may occur so that payments are made
- Problem solving skills and the correct identification of the problem debts and the appropriate workflow process to resolve
- High attention to detail and ability to provide accurate and timely information, providing effective monthly ad hoc reporting to both the Clients and Partners through liaison and strong communication stills with matter support and the Business Development & Marketing team
- High proficiency using Excel as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger, People & Development Advisor at email@example.com.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.