People & Development Advisor (Resourcing)
12 month contract (maternity leave cover)
Part time (3 days per week)
This role is responsible for the recruitment & on boarding for Graduate, Clerk and Lateral recruitment. Supporting and providing advice on behalf of the P&D centre team for the Partners, and legal staff across the centre. The key focus is to ensure that people issues are managed positively, pro-actively, effectively and efficiently and human resources advice is professional, commercial and adds value.
The P&D team as a whole provides HR services and advice aimed at supporting the partnership to attract, develop, motivate and retain outstanding people within a highly competitive people and business environment.
The key accountabilities for this role include:
- Coordinating both the seasonal clerk and graduate recruitment campaigns, including managing the induction program and overall experience at the firm for seasonal clerks and graduates.
- Coordinating the rotations for junior solicitors in their first two years with the centre
- Coordinating the Learning & Career Development function for the centre, including the Practical Legal Training (PLT) and International Graduate Program (IGP) with the P&D Advisor.
- Coordinating the OH&S function for the centre and national initiatives.
- Coordinate University sponsorship on behalf of the Brisbane P&D team
- With P&D Centre Manager, coordinating transfers etc within the centre and between centres.
- Coordinating all lateral recruitment, employment and induction of all staff (legal, shared service and support staff).
- Advising on policies and management people risks.
- Preparing letters and documents as required (with P&D Coordinator).
Working with P&D Manager to implement and manage HR initiatives.
- 4 + years’ experience in human resources advisory and/or recruitment
- Degree qualified and/or formal qualifications in human resource management or a business related discipline
- Sound understanding of the law and legislation affecting human resource management in a large organisation.
- Good technical HR knowledge
- General working knowledge of Chris21 or a similar HRIS system.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Organisational - Solid and highly developed organisational skills are essential in managing a variety of tasks simultaneously and to meet specified deadlines.
- Analytical - Exceptional attention to detail is required to ensure accuracy and completeness in all aspects of the role.
- Time Management - Strong time management skills are required to ensure all aspects of the role are achieved.
- Integrity/Confidentiality - Professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with people situations are essential to the role.
- Communication - Demonstration of confident verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Flexibility - A positive, open and flexible approach to dealing with people and situations.
- Relationship Building - Ability to form solid relationships both internally and externally with professionalism and ease.
- Knowledge of the legal or professional services environment.
What we offer:
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
We have initiatives in place that ensure that the firm's culture is welcoming and supportive. We offer flexible working practices to help you meet your work, family and lifestyle commitments, along with exceptional training opportunities, mentoring programs and other benefits.
About King & Wood Mallesons:
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
How to apply:
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Olanda Gislason, People & Development Centre Manager, email@example.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.