We are looking for a Practice Assistant to join our Real Estate team on a part time basis. This role is a 12 month maternity leave contract.
Supporting one Partner and six lawyers, you will be dedicated, proactive and able to provide a range of secretarial and administrative assistance in a timely and efficient manner.
Your day will involve managing and maintaining files, preparing documents (e.g. agreements, due diligence reports, contracts, advertisements etc), billing, organising meetings and travel, as well as liaising with clients.
About the role
We are looking for someone who will is self-motivated, proactive and a team player who can help manage and support the team. You will also have the skills of someone who is responsive, energetic, with a can-do attitude and who has a good understanding of the variety of secretarial tasks that will need to be provided.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
· Market leading work for premium clients
· Flexible and agile working
· Support for working parents including emergency childcare
· Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
· Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
· Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
What experience are we looking for?
· advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office programs
· the ability to work well under pressure
· the flexibility to adapt and respond to various urgent demands
· excellent attention to detail and prioritising skills, taking personal responsibility for the quality of the work completed
· recognised experience in a similar environment
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.