About the role:
Our Banking & Finance team acts on high profile market-leading banking and finance transactions. We act for all of Australia's major domestic and international banks as well as leading project sponsors across energy, infrastructure and resource projects.
In this role you will work closely with Claire Rogers who is a specialist in project financing. Claire acts for sponsors and financiers in relation to major projects in Australia, Asia, Europe and Africa with a particular focus on infrastructure, energy (including renewable energy) and PPPs. Our team is highly regarded and known for the breadth and depth of its expertise in project financing from inception and financing to delivery. Claire is a leading lawyer in this field, and is consistently lauded in legal publications.
In this role, you will be responsible for varied, challenging, complex legal work across an enviable range of clients. You will receive great mentoring and work in a friendly, supportive environment.
You will have:
- previous experience in an Australian or overseas law firm - preferably large top end Australian or overseas law firm.
- experience in project finance matters or general banking and finance transactions with a strong desire to progress your career in project finance
- excellent project management, communication, and drafting skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice and financing documentation
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible work
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.