Client Relationship Manager
Full time - 12 month parental leave contract
We are looking for an experienced Client Relationship Manager to join our dynamic Melbourne based Business Development & Marketing team on a full time, 12 month contract basis.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
This 12 month contract role will provide important business development support while one of our valued team members is on parental leave. As part of the Australian Business Development and Marketing team, you will be working with the firm’s high-profile, dynamic and market leading Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice and ECM team, providing support and at times leading our practice, sector and client strategy.
The role will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy to execute against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally by applying strategic business development, client account leadership, relationship building, market insight and brand enhancing skills.
The role will suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves a challenge. In addition to supporting the M&A practice, the role will also involve working closely with our leading ECM team where you will work alongside partners to help execute their strategic priorities, as well as help shape the focus for the year ahead.
You will be supported by a well-respected, fun and highly collaborative national Business Development & Marketing team, including experienced team members who also work with the M&A / Corporate practice and ECM team.
What experience are we looking for?
We are seeking a candidate who has 5+ years’ experience (including at least two years professional services business development) with recent Manager level experience. Some of the key skills and attributes that are required for you to be successful in the role include having:
- demonstrated ability to influence others and quickly win the confidence of key stakeholders
- an understanding of key commercial drivers and the ability to identify potential business opportunities through research, or from your growing network within the firm
- the ability to manage multiple (and often complex) initiatives at the same time across different parts of the business
- strong communication skills, written and verbal
- a focus on being a team player who loves to collaborate with peers and partners alike, as well as building a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
For further information or to request a position description for this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger, People & Development Advisor at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.